The Exeter Cycling Charter
We, the people, businesses, organisations and schools in Exeter want our city to be a vibrant place to work, study, thrive and do business.
We recognise that…
● cycling has an important part to play in addressing Exeter’s challenges of congestion, inactive lifestyles, pollution and population growth.
● cycling supports local business, boosts economic productivity and contributes to the health and well-being of our workforce.
● pressure on the growing city will be relieved if more people cycle.
● increasing physical activity significantly eases the burden on our health and social care services.
We want Exeter to be a city where…
● children can cycle to school or college safely.
● people can travel to work safely, directly and easily on a convenient and connected cycle network.
● our roads and public spaces prioritise people and make cycling the safe, natural choice for short journeys.
● cycling contributes to our prosperity, helps us stay healthy and keeps people and goods moving.
We want to support our leaders in delivering this better future for the people, businesses, organisations and schools of Exeter.